Wednesday 26 October 2011

Dinner for one

Yummy, quick and easy dinner for one
Recently Mark and I have both been working long hours, and it doesn't look like things are going to get better for the next three weeks. In an effort to eat healthy meals at a reasonable hour I cooked up an omelette for myself tonight as Mark still hasn't left the office. Omelettes are the perfect 'dinner for one' option, they're easy to make, high in protein, and low in carbohydrates so it is a good dinner choice, and they are so versatile; you can throw just about anything in them. The fact that I had eggs from the chickens on the bench, tasty cheese and milk in the fridge, and parsley in the garden meant that this was a no shop dinner. Hopefully one day I will have a cow and it will be a genuine no shop dinner.

Although tonight I learnt that even if you are trying to be super healthy, and are using a non stick pan, an omelette needs to be cooked in butter; I had to peel it off the bottom of the pan. Never-the-less it was still delicious. I will have to keep this bachelorette meal in the memory banks for next time.

I was going to give you a quick description on how to make an omelette for first timers, but Jamie Oliver has a great video on YouTube. Honestly, I had typed "high in protein, cheap, and versatile" in my post before I watched his video. Jamie states that he uses three eggs for a main course, but I used two for the plate above and my appetite is satisfied. I'm still impressed by how yellow my girls' yokes are.

No comments:

Post a Comment