Wednesday 2 November 2011

I say courgette, you say zucchini



This morning I went out to give the chooks yesterdays veggie scraps and I was overjoyed when suddenly struck by two bright yellow zucchini flowers that emerged as I walked along the garden path. Yesterday morning they were only buds and today they are complete flowers, adding such a gorgeous burst of yellow to the garden.

First zucchini flowers of the season

Last year we had a bumper crop of zucchinis and I can't wait to start harvesting this seasons produce. I still have to think of the Aussie name for this under rated vegetable every time I say it because the first time I ever saw and ate one was in Paris where it was introduced to me as a courgette. And if I'm really honest I prefer to call them courgettes because it sounds so much nicer than zucchini.

Zucchini flowers starting to emerge only 5 days ago


No comments:

Post a Comment