Friday 11 November 2011

Spoilt rotten

I'm heading off to Melbourne for work tomorrow and leaving the animals with Mark for the week. So yesterday I did the quick dash to the pet shop to grab dog food and for the first time ever got the chicken feed from the same place (they have a huge variety) to save time from doing the 45 minute round trip to pick up the girls luscious organic feed. Same ingredients, same price but the girls aren't interested in what I gave them yesterday, and this morning they must have thought 'not this slop again'.

Watching the chickens peck and walk away from the feed is terrible. They are spoilt rotten and obviously are food snobs like everyone else in this house. Hopefully they will survive on it for the week I'm away, and then my plan is to mix it in with some of their gourmet mix. Chances are this is going to have an effect on the quality of our eggs too, but we will have to wait and see how major it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment