Friday 16 February 2018

Farm Girl Problems

You know something really effing hurts when your first response isn't to swear.

I'm going to leave this picture here, as a friendly reminder to myself of why I've achieved jack-shit this week. I'm hobbling around on a punctured and bruised left heel, and my left arm has a dead zone from the necessary tetanus shot....on a positive note, it means I have time to write. But I really don't know why I keep answering "good" when people ask me how I am, because my walk suggests that everything isn't perfect and the questioner always looks at me funny.


When did we as a society stop answering simple questions like "how are you?" honestly? I ask because I am normally totally honest with my responses, to the point that people are often shocked-and sometimes look like they want to back peddle, because whilst they asked me how I was, they really didn't care. Maybe that's why these days I only tell my friends if I've managed to do something stupid and hurt myself. I guess the whole point of this post is to 1) remind myself that it's OK to slow down when you're injured, and 2) let everyone know that when I ask "how are you" I'm prepared for anything, so throw it at me, no matter how wonderful or shitty it us. We all need to slow down and really listen to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment