Thursday 17 May 2018

Eating Sweet Peas In The Garden With My Sweeties


If you haven't already guessed  from this picture, we three Chicka D's harvested our first pea of the season, and the three of us shared it, one bite each. I wish I had a film crew videoing my childrens' enjoyment of the flavour, and excitement that they helped grow that delicious food.

If you have kids, you really should grow peas with them. My kids won't eat store bought peas, but they have been checking all the peas on this vine to see if they are ready to harvest, ever since tasting the first one. Peas are a very fast and easy crop to grow. And two vines in a decent sized pot with good soil will give you all the peas you need for snacking on, so having a garden shouldn't stop you. You don't need to have an urban farm to start growing your own food. Grab your kids and go and plant some pea seeds, you won't believe the amount of joy that something so simple can bring you.....if you want more guidance than 'stick the seed in the soil and water it', just email me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment